Top Posts
Repeat offender labeled ‘danger to the community’ walks...
Iran rebuilding nuclear program despite Trump talks, opposition...
What America’s most powerful warship brings to the...
Ex-Victoria’s Secret CEO’s lawyer caught on hot mic...
I need an expensive asthma drug to live....
CoTec Holdings Corp. Publishes Updated Corporate Presentation
Northern Dynasty Shares Plunge as DOJ Backs EPA...
Rapid Critical Metals: Visit us at PDAC 2026...
LaFleur Minerals
Steadright Critical Minerals: Advancing High-grade Mineral Assets in...
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World News
Money Assets Saver
Politics

Federal judge questions Trump authority on White House ballroom project

by admin January 24, 2026
January 24, 2026

As President Donald Trump aims to build a ballroom at the White House, federal Judge Richard Leon on Thursday reportedly asked Justice Department lawyers to point to what authority allows the president to engage in a construction project at the White House.

‘Where do you see the authority for the president to tear down the East Wing and build something in its place?’ the judge asked, according to The Washington Post. 

While the outlet reported that Leon said he could issue a decision next month, NBC News reported that the judge promised that he would issue a decision in February.

Attorney Thad Heuer, who represents the National Trust for Historic Preservation, contended that the president lacks the constitutional power to rip down the East Wing and build a ballroom, according to NBC News, which quoted Heuer as saying, ‘He’s not the owner.’

The outlet reported that the judge seemed to be leaning in the direction of pausing the project.

Fox News Digital reached out to the White House on Friday.

‘The president didn’t want $400 million in taxpayer money to be used for this,’ Justice Department attorney Yaakov Roth said, according to NBC News. 

‘He wanted to use donations,’ Roth noted.

The project began last year at the behest of Trump, but he has asserted that it is being funded by private donations, not taxpayer dollars.

‘I am honored to be the first President to finally get this much-needed project underway — with zero cost to the American Taxpayer!’ Trump declared in an October Truth Social post. ‘The White House Ballroom is being privately funded by many generous Patriots, Great American Companies, and, yours truly. This Ballroom will be happily used for Generations to come!’ 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Iran’s top prosecutor criticizes Trump’s announcement that 800+ executions were halted: ‘Completely false’
next post
Trump hails ‘great and very brave’ UK soldiers after slamming NATO allies’ Afghanistan service

You may also like

Iran rebuilding nuclear program despite Trump talks, opposition...

February 20, 2026

Repeat offender labeled ‘danger to the community’ walks...

February 20, 2026

What America’s most powerful warship brings to the...

February 20, 2026

I need an expensive asthma drug to live....

February 20, 2026

Ex-Victoria’s Secret CEO’s lawyer caught on hot mic...

February 20, 2026

South Korean court rules ex‑President Yoon Suk Yeol...

February 19, 2026

Grandmother tells Trump critics to ‘get off the...

February 19, 2026

US thwarted near-catastrophic prison break of 6,000 ISIS...

February 19, 2026

Missile defense race shifts to space; experts say...

February 19, 2026

Trump convenes first ‘Board of Peace’ meeting as...

February 19, 2026

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent Posts

    • Repeat offender labeled ‘danger to the community’ walks free after Biden autopen clemency

      February 20, 2026
    • Iran rebuilding nuclear program despite Trump talks, opposition figure claims

      February 20, 2026
    • What America’s most powerful warship brings to the Middle East as Iran tensions surge

      February 20, 2026
    • Ex-Victoria’s Secret CEO’s lawyer caught on hot mic jokingly threatening to ‘kill’ him at Epstein deposition

      February 20, 2026
    • I need an expensive asthma drug to live. Trump’s RX plan helped me and many others

      February 20, 2026
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2026 moneyassetssaver.com | All Rights Reserved

    Money Assets Saver
    • Investing
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • World News