Top Posts
Build-A-Bear recalls roughly 36,000 Heart-Warming Hugs Bears
DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...
DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...
Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...
MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...
Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...
FCC head says agency wasn’t pressured to order...
Trump briefed on options for Iran as energy...
Big Tech earnings test record stock market rally...
The Onion’s bid to take over Alex Jones’...
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World News
Money Assets Saver
Politics

Kennedy Center president demands $1M from jazz musician who canceled Christmas Eve show

by admin December 27, 2025
December 27, 2025

The president of the Kennedy Center on Friday sharply criticized longtime jazz musician Chuck Redd for canceling his Christmas Eve performance days after the White House announced that President Donald Trump’s name would be added to the iconic performing arts institution in Washington, D.C.

Kennedy Center president Richard Grenell said Redd’s decision financially harmed the nonprofit institution, and he would seek $1 million in damages, accusing him of carrying out a ‘political stunt.’

‘Your decision to withdraw at the last moment — explicitly in response to the Center’s recent renaming, which honors President Trump’s extraordinary efforts to save this national treasure — is classic intolerance and very costly to a non-profit Arts institution,’ Grenell wrote in a letter to Redd, obtained by Fox News Digital.

Fox News Digital could not immediately reach Redd for comment.

Redd, who has hosted holiday Jazz Jams at the venue since 2006, abruptly canceled his Christmas Eve performance after Trump’s name was added to the facility.

‘When I saw the name change on the Kennedy Center website and then hours later on the building, I chose to cancel our concert,’ Redd told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

On Dec. 18, the Kennedy Center’s board voted unanimously to rename the institution the ‘Trump-Kennedy Center.’

The update was immediately criticized by members of the Kennedy family who argued it undermined the legacy of President John F. Kennedy.

Maria Shriver, Kennedy’s niece, reacted harshly to the decision, saying it was ‘beyond comprehension.’

Several artists have canceled performances at the Kennedy Center since Trump’s return to office, including Lin-Manuel Miranda, who called off a production of ‘Hamilton.’

Kennedy Center vice president of public relations Roma Daravi told Fox News Digital Friday that Redd was politicizing art by calling off his performance.

‘Any artist canceling their show at the Trump Kennedy Center over political differences isn’t courageous or principled—they are selfish, intolerant, and have failed to meet the basic duty of a public artist: to perform for all people,’ she said in a statement.

Daravi stated that art is ‘a shared cultural experience meant to unite, not exclude,’ calling the venue ‘a true bipartisan institution that welcomes artists and patrons from all backgrounds.’

She added that ‘great art transcends politics,’ and that ‘America’s cultural center remains committed to presenting popular programming that inspires and resonates with all audiences.’

Last week, workers added President Trump’s name to the building’s exterior, and the website header was updated to read, ‘The Trump Kennedy Center.’

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
DAVID MARCUS: Ben Sasse is dying, but his letter to America will live forever
next post
Trump suggests he’ll call final shots on peace deal ahead of Zelenskyy meeting: ‘We’ll see what he’s got’

You may also like

DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...

May 2, 2026

DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...

May 2, 2026

Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...

May 2, 2026

MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...

May 2, 2026

Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...

May 2, 2026

Trump’s apocalyptic Iran warning raises stakes for sweeping...

April 8, 2026

Democrat whose parents fled Iran moves to oust...

April 8, 2026

Midterm alarm bells: Democrats face steep favorability deficit...

April 8, 2026

Graham eyes ‘down payment’ on Trump-backed SAVE Act...

April 8, 2026

American journalist kidnapped in Iraq is set free,...

April 8, 2026

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent Posts

    • Build-A-Bear recalls roughly 36,000 Heart-Warming Hugs Bears

      May 3, 2026
    • DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist on ICE detainer released

      May 2, 2026
    • DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers not making arrests, sparking backlash

      May 2, 2026
    • Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires sparks outrage: ‘We’re doomed’

      May 2, 2026
    • MN governor race to replace Walz sees major shakeup as GOP contender ends campaign: ‘Don’t see a path’

      May 2, 2026
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2026 moneyassetssaver.com | All Rights Reserved

    Money Assets Saver
    • Investing
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • World News