Top Posts
Build-A-Bear recalls roughly 36,000 Heart-Warming Hugs Bears
DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...
DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...
Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...
MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...
Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...
FCC head says agency wasn’t pressured to order...
Trump briefed on options for Iran as energy...
Big Tech earnings test record stock market rally...
The Onion’s bid to take over Alex Jones’...
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World News
Money Assets Saver
Politics

‘Loud bang,’ damage reported at US Embassy in Norway; police investigating

by admin March 8, 2026
March 8, 2026

Norwegian police are investigating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Oslo that caused no injuries and only minor damage.

Amid the war on Iran, the Norwegian Justice Minister Astri Aas-Hansen is deploying ‘considerable resources’ to search for potential multiple perpetrators.

‘This is an unacceptable incident that we are taking very seriously,’ she told Norwegian press agency NTB.

A ‘loud bang’ was reported at the U.S. embassy in Oslo early Sunday morning at 1 a.m. local time (Saturday 7 p.m. ET), according to police, and eyewitnesses told Reuters that they saw thick smoke by the entrance of the consular section.

‘There was a very thick layer of smoke on the street,’ said Sebastian Toerstad, 18, a high school student who drove past the embassy at the time of the explosion.

‘There was some damage to the entrance.’

No explosive devices had been found in the area, according to police.

‘Investigations have been carried out at the scene with the aid of dogs, drones and a helicopter, searching for one or more potential perpetrators,’ the Oslo police department said in a statement.

PST, the Norwegian police security service, called in additional personnel following the incident but has not changed the country’s terror threat level, according to communication adviser Martin Bernsen.

PST operations manager Mikael Dellemyr does not ‘connect’ the attack to U.S. bombings in the Middle East or terrorist or Iranian retaliation.

‘It is far too early’ in the investigation, he told Oslo’s TV 2.

Fox News Digital reached out to the State Department for comment, but they did not immediately respond.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.

Related Article

Iran proxies wage war on Israel, threaten US interests as Iraq slammed for not disarming them
This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Iran’s last line of resistance holds back — but Houthi terror group warns it’s ready to act
next post
King Charles to address ‘increasing pressures of conflict’ in speech as Trump criticizes British PM on Iran

You may also like

DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...

May 2, 2026

DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...

May 2, 2026

Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...

May 2, 2026

MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...

May 2, 2026

Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...

May 2, 2026

Trump’s apocalyptic Iran warning raises stakes for sweeping...

April 8, 2026

American journalist kidnapped in Iraq is set free,...

April 8, 2026

Democrat whose parents fled Iran moves to oust...

April 8, 2026

Midterm alarm bells: Democrats face steep favorability deficit...

April 8, 2026

Graham eyes ‘down payment’ on Trump-backed SAVE Act...

April 8, 2026

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent Posts

    • Build-A-Bear recalls roughly 36,000 Heart-Warming Hugs Bears

      May 3, 2026
    • DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist on ICE detainer released

      May 2, 2026
    • DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers not making arrests, sparking backlash

      May 2, 2026
    • Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires sparks outrage: ‘We’re doomed’

      May 2, 2026
    • MN governor race to replace Walz sees major shakeup as GOP contender ends campaign: ‘Don’t see a path’

      May 2, 2026
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2026 moneyassetssaver.com | All Rights Reserved

    Money Assets Saver
    • Investing
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • World News