Top Posts
Build-A-Bear recalls roughly 36,000 Heart-Warming Hugs Bears
DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...
DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...
Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...
MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...
Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...
FCC head says agency wasn’t pressured to order...
Trump briefed on options for Iran as energy...
Big Tech earnings test record stock market rally...
The Onion’s bid to take over Alex Jones’...
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • World News
Money Assets Saver
Politics

Trump orders US withdrawal from 66 ‘wasteful’ global organizations in sweeping ‘America First’ crackdown

by admin January 8, 2026
January 8, 2026

President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed a presidential memorandum directing the U.S. to withdraw from 66 international organizations, ordering executive departments and agencies to cease participation in and funding of entities the administration says no longer serve U.S. interests.

The memorandum follows a State Department review ordered earlier this year under Executive Order 14199 and applies to 35 non-United Nations organizations and 31 United Nations entities, according to the White House.

In the memorandum, Trump said he reviewed Secretary Rubio’s findings and determined it is ‘contrary to the interests of the U.S. to remain a member of, participate in, or otherwise provide support’ to the listed organizations.

The order directs all executive departments and agencies to take immediate steps to effectuate the withdrawals as soon as possible. For United Nations entities, withdrawal means ceasing participation in or funding to the extent permitted by law.

The administration framed the move as part of Trump’s broader ‘America First’ agenda aimed at restoring American sovereignty and ending taxpayer support for organizations it views as wasteful, ineffective or contrary to U.S. interests. 

Review of additional international organizations remains ongoing, according to the White House.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said the withdrawals fulfill a key commitment of Trump’s presidency.

‘Today, President Trump announced the U.S. is leaving 66 anti-American, useless, or wasteful international organizations,’ Rubio said in a post on X. ‘Review of additional international organizations remains ongoing.’

Rubio said the administration concluded the institutions were ‘redundant in their scope, mismanaged, unnecessary, wasteful, poorly run, captured by the interests of actors advancing their own agendas contrary to our own, or a threat to our nation’s sovereignty, freedoms, and general prosperity.’

‘It is no longer acceptable to be sending these institutions the blood, sweat, and treasure of the American people, with little to nothing to show for it,’ Rubio said. ‘The days of billions of dollars in taxpayer money flowing to foreign interests at the expense of our people are over.’

The list includes organizations involved in areas such as climate, energy, development, governance, migration and gender policy, according to the White House. The White House published the full list alongside the order.

Rubio said the withdrawals reflect a shift in how the administration views international engagement.

‘We will not continue expending resources, diplomatic capital, and the legitimizing weight of our participation in institutions that are irrelevant to or in conflict with our interests,’ Rubio said. ‘We seek cooperation where it serves our people and will stand firm where it does not.’

The White House and the State Department did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Al Gore sounds ‘climate crisis’ alarm as Trump yanks US from UN initiatives
next post
Is 2026 The Year The Cannabis Industry Matures?

You may also like

DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers...

May 2, 2026

DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist...

May 2, 2026

Amazon explores ‘The Apprentice’ reboot with Trump Jr...

May 2, 2026

MN governor race to replace Walz sees major...

May 2, 2026

Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires...

May 2, 2026

Trump’s apocalyptic Iran warning raises stakes for sweeping...

April 8, 2026

American journalist kidnapped in Iraq is set free,...

April 8, 2026

Democrat whose parents fled Iran moves to oust...

April 8, 2026

Midterm alarm bells: Democrats face steep favorability deficit...

April 8, 2026

Graham eyes ‘down payment’ on Trump-backed SAVE Act...

April 8, 2026

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent Posts

    • Build-A-Bear recalls roughly 36,000 Heart-Warming Hugs Bears

      May 3, 2026
    • DHS scorches Pritzker’s ‘sanctuary’ state after child rapist on ICE detainer released

      May 2, 2026
    • DC police captain cites bodycam footage of officers not making arrests, sparking backlash

      May 2, 2026
    • Socialist mayor’s blunt 1-word message to fleeing millionaires sparks outrage: ‘We’re doomed’

      May 2, 2026
    • MN governor race to replace Walz sees major shakeup as GOP contender ends campaign: ‘Don’t see a path’

      May 2, 2026
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2026 moneyassetssaver.com | All Rights Reserved

    Money Assets Saver
    • Investing
    • Politics
    • Economy
    • World News